Searching for...

Saturday 15 March 2014

LENT: Day 12 SONGS ON SUNDAYS: BE THOU MY VISION 16.3.14

Welcome to
Songs on Sundays !

Today we remember St Patrick's far-reaching
missional impact of believing the Good News
and 
his inspired teaching of Trinity via the shamrock~
Father Son and Holy Spirit ~ ONE
*
I cannot be silent
and indeed I ought not to be,
about the many blessings
and the great grace which the Lord has
deigned  to bestow upon me.
SAINT PATRICK
*
His prayers and blessings that extend to
impact us and our world centuries distant ~ 
*
source
*
We're reminded of the purpose of our journey
this 12th day of Lent
as we share the ancient Irish Hymn
'Be Thou My Vision'
Authentic Irish voices of personal friend,Andy Rogers, provides the visual setting of Mountsandel, Coleraine,
the most ancient 
archaeological finding of human life 
in all of Ireland. 
Playing a beautiful modern version and offering 
everyone a free mp3 download  ~ {Thankyou, Andy!}

*
followed by another fav, Maire Brennan's celtic voice
{the voice of Clannad and elder sister of Enya}

*
You are warmly welcomed to add a link to your
#SongsonSundays addition in the linky or in comments
and we will stop by for a listen.
If you've created a blog post, please include
the url link back to this #SongsonSundays
[or add the SoS button below]
Thank You!


A wee view of what became of St Patrick's monastic community
he founded on the hill in Armagh Ireland  -


The origins of the cathedral are related to the construction in 445 of a stone church on the Druim Saileach (Willow Ridge) hill by St. Patrick, around which a monastic community developed.  Armagh itself being the ancient seat of the Kings of Ireland,
and County Armagh the religious capital of Ireland for 1500 years.


The church itself has been destroyed and rebuilt 17 times.


Interior beauty offers celtic and medieval carvings, crypt, many burial tombs
[as seen on either side of photo], with several virtual tours here .


Some of the 24 stunning stained glass windows in

~ St Patrick's Cathedral ~



Shared with InSPIREd this week .


* Inspire Me Monday *
*
If you're travel companions on the Lenten journey,
whether just for today or for many days,
be sure to add your link and visit Lisa and Jacqui
and the other pilgrims listed.

Every Blessing, {whether Irish or not } be yours today!

*



*
Find and follow FHC online:

@_eHope - Goodreads - Facebook - Pinterest
*


6 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

A fine post both for inSPIREd Sunday and for St. Patrick's Day!

«Louis'» inSPIREd Sunday post includes the BBC music series Bach and the Lutheran Legacy.

Annesphamily said...

Being raised in the Catholic church I was raised with a different view of St. Patrick that most Americans do not share. I dread all the political lobbying and silly nonsense that goes on during this time. St. Patrick, like all the godly men and women of their time were truly God fearing, wonderful people who had faith. Ah, I am old fashioned I suppose but I believe it is so. I truly loved reading and listening here here today. Thank you for brightening my day with a smile. It is good to see you here. I had such fun when I did a tea cup swap here and have made a wonderful friend with Francie. She and I hope to do a swap soon. I just don't see anyone doing them like they did when I first started to blog. I know it is a lot of work but the end result is wonderful. I love all the awesome friendships I have created here. Thank you for sharing your heart today. Hugs, Anne

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i would love to see Ireland one day. i bet it is gorgeous in person. i have Irish folks in my history. it would be such a learning experience. a dream for sure. great addition this week.

have a lovely week. snowy here in VA. could be an interesting beginning to the week??! ( :

RedPat said...

Wonderful post for the day!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

If only it was in Southern Ireland and not the North then I might be tempted to visit if I went back. Looks a wonderful church but I am amazed it has been distroyed so many times.

jviola79 said...

A beautiful post! I loved reading the quotes & the photography is beautiful. I am so glad that I stopped here this morning from Inspire Me Monday. Have a great week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails